How important is a Website for Restaurant Marketing?
Some Restaurant owners still do not think that a Website is an important for their online marketing, so we produced a quick little video to show 24 hours of website traffic to some of our Restaurant customers. This is traffic from all of their websites as people search for Restaurants to eat at. Some of the important points are:
- Some people are searching for Restaurant contact information.
- Some people are searching for a restaurant in that area (a new customer!)
- Some are on mobile phones
- Some are not even in the country – they are searching for a place to eat whilst travelling.
If you don’t have a Restaurant website, you are missing out on a lot of this traffic.
If you don’t have great SEO, you are also missing out on a lot of this traffic.
We refer to Restaurant SEO as a bit of a black art, because some people think they have a great website, and they may have a great looking website, but the website may not be well set up for SEO, which means that Google and the other search engines do not really understand what the website is about and as a consequence, they do not refer much traffic to it.
Here is our list of things to make sure you are on the right track with your Restaurant SEO.
- Make sure you have a Google Places account set up.
- Target the niche’s in your marketing plan with separate pages on your website.
- Ensure the content is up to date.
- Include reviews on the website.
- Make sure the website is set up for rich snippets.
- Integrate your Social Media marketing with your website.
- Have a Domain Name that fits in with your marketing strategy.
- Dont’ use flash.
Lastly, make sure you can take bookings on your website. We offer a Free Online Restaurant Booking System. It is free and automatically builds your database with emails and phone numbers of your customers. This can make a massive difference. We have one customer who has taken over 20,000 seats booked from their website.
Is Poor SEO Killing Your Restaurant?
Too many times we see customers with websites that are costing restaurants thousands of dollars every month through poor design, poor messaging and poor SEO. If your website could be improved to bring in 200 extra visits per month and just 10% of those made a booking, and each booking was for 2.5 seats on average at $50 a seat, you would have an extra $2,500 in revenue a month. A 30% food cost, that is $1,750 in profit extra a month. This ignores those customers coming back as regulars – which is more profit.
Remember, if these customers aren’t finding your Restaurant, they are finding your competitors.
Get one of our obligation free 7 point website SEO audits to see what you can get your web developer to fix to increase your revenue today.