This episode has an example of a great Restaurant Marketing campaign from the talented marketing team at Dinner by Heston. We break down the process that they used and more importantly the way that you can replicate their success. Check out the show notes which have a lot more detail on the episode and the example of the marketing campaign.
How did you go with the Restaurant SEO series that we just completed? It has proven to be one of our most popular series of episodes. Have a listen if you don’t understand how Google decides who will make get the new customers. There are 3 podcasts in the series, with the first, second and third in the Restaurant SEO series. People have loved this series because we give away the farm here, we are sharing our processes for SEO.
We break down the new Lamington Cake marketing campaign, looking at the steps they took in this great marketing campaign and how you can do this in your Restaurant.
We look at an email that was sent out by the team at Dinner by Heston. This campaign was about a new menu item that was being launched on Australia Day.
- They sent an email. How big is your email database? A quick, easy and cheap way of reaching out to existing customers.
- They created their own menu item. Some great innovation, a new menu item, which I am sure is fully costed out.
- They linked it to an event – Australia Day.
- They planned for this. This kind of idea takes time which is why an annual marketing plan is so important.
- The item aligns with the unique selling proposition.
- The campaign is on brand for the Restaurant. Customers are expecting and wanting to see more of their story.
- There is a great photo.
- They share the development process for the Lamington Cake.
- They have a call to action in the email. (I didn’t get the Metallica tickets. L)
- They have an alternative call to action.
- They have collaborated with a supplier.
Disclaimer – these guys aren’t customers of ours, we are just fans of their food, their team, their Restaurant USP and their marketing!
For more information on this podcast, check out our show notes.
If you liked this episode, please leave a review in iTunes. It really helps us to get the word out and share it on our Facebook page.
For Free Tools to build your Restaurant business, check out our free tools page. We’ve helped restaurants around the world build the Restaurant that they always wanted with our tools. Our free booking tool has taken over $25,000,000 in seats booked.