In this article, we go over 5 ways your restaurant can minimize the impact of COVID 19
1. Set up online ordering
2. Communicate with your customers online
3. Run online payments
4. Look for government assistance
5. Step up your marketing game
- Add bundle deals to your menu: These can really help increase sales while giving customers greater value and variety. They also bring attention to menu items you want people to notice. Plus, you may be able to run your kitchen more smoothly since you’ll already know what to expect.
- Offer special incentives: Customers love getting free stuff, so consider offering appetizers or desserts to certain meals at no cost. You can even provide these incentives if they order via takeout instead of delivery. Just make sure they won’t pull down your sales.
- Create engaging content: Make the most out of your online reach by regularly putting out compelling content to get more eyes on your restaurant. Get creative by sharing simple recipes, hosting live cooking shows, or giving a behind the scenes tour of your kitchen. You can post these on your website and social media pages.
Is Poor SEO Killing Your Restaurant?
Too many times we see customers with websites that are costing restaurants thousands of dollars every month through poor design, poor messaging and poor SEO. If your website could be improved to bring in 200 extra visits per month and just 10% of those made a booking, and each booking was for 2.5 seats on average at $50 a seat, you would have an extra $2,500 in revenue a month. A 30% food cost, that is $1,750 in profit extra a month. This ignores those customers coming back as regulars – which is more profit.
Remember, if these customers aren’t finding your Restaurant, they are finding your competitors.
Get one of our obligation free 7 point website SEO audits to see what you can get your web developer to fix to increase your revenue today.